Mission and Vision
The mission of the Strategic Communications department is to advance competitively LAU’s reputation and gain the support of key audiences by:
- Amplifying the reputation of LAU as a progressive, student-success-centered university;
- Spreading greater understanding about the impact of LAU’s research;
- Engaging with our internal communities to stimulate their support and enhance the LAU sense of community;
- Safeguarding the brand from crisis situations.
To fulfill our mission, the department facilitates the communications needs of our internal community, strengthens the consistency of our messaging and branding, builds goodwill with media and influencers, enhances our digital funnel synergies, and creates and implements strategic communications plans.
Stratcom Priority Goals:
Priority #1 is supporting revenue-generation to aid in financial sustainability:
1. Enrollment support
2. Fundraising support
Priority #2 is supporting employability reputation-building and branding:
3. Graduate employability and success
4. Alumni success
5. Industry collaborations and partnerships
Priority #3 is supporting LAU leadership reputation-building and branding:
6. Ranking impact (research)
7. Firsts (e.g. NAAB, academic news, advancement news)
8. Current issues (e.g. COVID-19, online education)
9. Social/community impact of LAU
Priority #4 is supporting digital funnels:
10. Ensuring key funnels are optimized for enrollment (e.g., enhancing academic programs landing pages)
11. Ensuring key funnels are optimized for fundraising
By stating all these goals, the department is well aware of the challenge in focusing its limited resources, hence the need for more transparency, and a clearer management of expectations.